Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Daily Dilemmas

Okay, so we've been back from summer vacation for well over a month, and I still feel like I'm barely staying afloat! We had some company over for Korean Thanksgiving, and luckily I managed to mop my kitchen floor before they came, but the walls are still bare and my bathroom looks tacky! Most of the time I don't sweat it and just do what I can and I am proud of what I accomplished-- even if all I accomplished was dinner. And in all reality, one of the reasons I am behind with getting settled is because I have been trying to make the most of the waning summer by being out on the swings a lot and we went to the zoo three times in September. Today I am going to get a library card and check out a book that I probably won't read until a few days before the last due date (after the maximum number of renewals). Ah, to be a woman!

5 comments:

Keri said...

So glad to finally hear from you!! Good luck with getting all settled. The weather really has been nice for the most part, which does make it really enticing to be outside.

LKP said...

I HEART U! IF THERE'S ANYONE WHO UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH, ITS SO ME! =) ESPECIALLY WITH THE LIBRARY BOOK....HEHEHE.
SQUEEZE THE FAMILY FOR US AND BE SURE THEY GIVE YOU A BIG BEAR HUG FOR ME.
.ME.

Beth said...

I hear ya!! I consider it a good day if we all get fed and dressed at some point!! Just remember what is really important...swings!!

Candace said...

I know exactly how you feel. Why do we never give ourselves credit for just how much we actually do get done & only count what we haven't.

Playing with those cute kids is so important....don't worry, you've got your priorities straight. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I am so in the same place as you!!! (Well, except for having to unpack all of my belongings!) But the dinner thing...I am lucky if I even get dinner done! Lucky if I get one thing done! And I have to laugh about the library books! I just keep renewing them so that I don't have to FIND them all and make the trip to the library to return them with my kids sitting in the car crying about having to give the killer whale book back, because they don't think it should be another kid's turn yet. Come on boys...we have had that book for 2 and a half months!!!