Monday, March 15, 2010

Mother's Little Helper

I am totally sold on the value of white noise machines. We have used one with all 3 of our children with immense success. And we use them up until the baby's at least a year old! I don't know if it helps to soothe the baby to sleep or to drown out other household noises; probably a little of both. But honestly, it's as powerful as kryptonite. I just put Olivia down and she started fussing. But the machine was on at nearly full volume, and within 25 seconds, her eyelids started closing. You could tell from the look on her face that she was fighting it. It made me laugh; it was like this: must..... stay...... awake...... must....... stay........ zzzzzzzzzz.

2 comments:

LKP said...

i'm all for white noise! shoot, still puts me to sleep.
sleeping in this house has not been easy though. after the past two years i've decided that either we need to live in a one-story home or, a two-story as long as the washer & dryer go upstairs! AND i think i NEED a noisey dishwasher. they put me at ease. so i can totally see how it would help with olivia....maybe that's why she doesn't like the car? maybe there's too many sounds all at once in such a little place. perhaps its a matter of hyper-stimulus. does that even sound possible? in my head it makes sense, but we all know me! =)

Adams said...

I bet some companies would pay big to get that in a pill!