Sunday, May 25, 2008

Where has my baby gone?

Emily is 16 months today. She is growing up too fast! There are things she does that I never realized a baby would do: scribble on paper, play with pretend food, 'jump' on the bed. I just didn't give Becca opportunities to try those things at this young age; it never crossed my mind. I am certainly seeing the transition from baby to kid with temper tantrums and timeouts beginning, and Emily expressing opinions and emotions. She has been climbing as high as the kitchen table for months and can get herself into some pretty interesting positions!












Emily has close to 10 words now and imitates words and sounds daily. "Uh-oh" is one of her recent additions to her vocabulary (as in uh-oh, I dropped my cup or food off the high chair). Oh, and she wants to be grown up in so many ways: she doesn't want to sit in the high chair, she wants to stand on a kitchen chair. She has to hold her own book and no one else can touch it! She plays with the phone, the remote, and gets a kick out of turning off the TV when someone else is watching. She also thinks she's something else when she sits on her sister's potty seat.

Next step-- get Emily to walk all the time, not just a few dozen steps a day :)

5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my heck! She is adorable! Just think, only 2 more months until she starts nursery....

Sweet Family said...

I guess I didn't realize how close her and Willow were in age. She's 17 months now, but they both seem to think they are monkeys. Willow climbs onto, into, and over everything she can. She loves to run though and doesn't want to be held much. She also has increased her vocabulary so much in the last 2 weeks (including: chocolate and kookaburra "ka-booka-booka"). Aren't they fun?

M said...

Wow, I didn't realize she was such a climber. Just watch out, what goes up, must come down. Just see my blog for reference.

Jennilyn said...

It's good to see her moving! She'll fit right in with Indy's wildness next time we get together...

Speaking of which, we should get together.

Ah, and we just purchased a bunch of games that we used to steal from you all the time. Lol, we've been missing game nights!

p.s. I was excited to see you updated your blog!

Sarah Stout said...

Hey guys! Your garden looks great! We have a Blog now too, Check it out. How have you guys been?? Your girls are getting so much older and so Cute! I love the pictures! Have a Great day!