Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Emily's First Birthday Party

Well, it's about time I wrote something here on this site! We just celebrated Emily's first birthday, in the same style as Becca's first (almost two years ago; see my very first post back in '06). Emily adores cake and ice cream, really enjoyed her presents, and tried to make a grab at the food while we were photographing her with it. When we did the Korean tradition with the money (future wealth), pencil (intelligence and learning), rice (fertility), and thread (long life), Emily touched the pencil first. So she is destined to be a scholar!














8 comments:

Morgan said...

How fun! I love birthdays!

brennan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keri said...

What a fun tradition. Glad you posted again!

Sweet Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sweet Family said...

I was just about to ask you to post again, but you beat me to it. I love the Korean birthday tradition. They are both very beautiful girls!!

Beth said...

What great pictures! Thank you for sharing them!

Alison said...

I love the Korean outfit on Emily. So cute I'm glad to have found your blog. I think maybe we're long lost twins. By the way, my bible still says Laurel is the coolest on the cover page. I smile every time I open it.

Linda said...

I wish we were there to eat the food! How do you guys make the sushi? What kind of Sushi did you make?