Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kids Kids Kids

Kids are my life. It's amazing to think how I used to do so much before. I worked, and made dinner, and did laundry and housecleaning, and read books, and all kinds of stuff. I suppose they are more messy than I used to be, so laundry and housecleaning are on a new level, but honestly, most days I look back and say "Well, the three of us got dressed this morning and ate three meals."
People tell me that I need to find something to take time for me, and I would, if it weren't for the fact that the moment I sit down at the piano I've got a girl on either side of me trying to bang the keys (and move my hands out of her way). Sigh.
But they are growing up so much and I am loving all the new things they are learning and doing. Becca (just turned 4) is hitting her letters hard and even learning some addition. Emily (was 2 in Jan.) is potty training. She talks a lot too, and I love at this stage where pronunciation is still lacking. If I call to Emily from another room, she'll say 'I'm coming' like this: "I pum!" Precious.

3 comments:

Jeremy Pyne said...

Sometimes the only way I can find some "me time", is to lock myself in the bathroom and not do a thing. I've even learned to resist the temptation to clean the mirror. What peace! That is... until I hear the noises of something that Jaden should NOT be doing

Linda said...

Emily is 2 already! Wow where have I been! Oh, I love your family, and you have always been a good example to me. I hope I can be a good mom someday.

LKP said...

the bathroom escape never worked/works for me...not 3 seconds after i'm in there little fingers would show up under the door wiggling their beckon for me...now little fingers have turned into an incessant knocking and an 11 yr old head or body pressed against the door for an impromptu heart 2 heart; joining all that now are orange kitty paws reaching for me & an occasional hula pawing for me to come play. i hear your sigh loud and clear! its all worth it though and wonderful, and i'm glad God still gives me those moments even though i'm not home with them all thanks to work. emily's "i pum" is adorable! we'll see you guys soon.