
Friday, May 19th, Becca ventured out into the world of the walking. What an amazing moment!!! One week prior, she had taken her first steps, but she seemed for a time to be content with this accomplishment. We could never get her to take more than 3 steps, and it only happened when she wanted it to: no amount of coaxing on our part could entice her.
Then, on Friday, she just suddenly walked 9-10 steps to Daddy from a piece of furniture! Later that day, she was standing and balancing with my help, and walked away from me to an object of interest. This was a shock to me, because I had thought she would need to be encouraged by a parent with arms outstretched for a time before she began to truly walk. I was on the phone at the time and interrupted myself to exclaim: "She just walked!"
All that day and in the four days since Friday, walking has almost become second nature to Becca. Ben and I are so proud and try to give much positive reinforcement so she won't give up, even when she falls. Ben commented, though, that she doesn't fall often and that her balance and speed are better than one would expect of a beginner. In addition, she doesn't need much encouragement because she loves to do it!! (there are indeed many perks over crawling: faster, higher perspective on the world, easier on the knees, etc.)
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing this blogging thing (can you tell I'm not computer savy?!) with me. I feel like we've been gone forever so thank you for keeping us updated. Sure would love to be there for all of this. Love you! Alisa
Post a Comment